– Here, you can choose between pentode and triode operation for the left tube. Thus, this switch varies the basic sound character.
Boukl Retroaktiñ (switch / knob)
– The switch activates the feedback path. With the potentiometer, you can vary the feedback intensity. High values lead to screaming self-oscillation. At low settings, signals are nicely thickened.
– This potentiometer is used for determining the level between the first and the second tube stage.
– For setting the degree of distortion. How hardcore would you like your sound to be?
Enkas Modulañ (socket)
– CV input for influencing the feedback respectively volume. (It works even without the feedback being active.)
Without an input signal, but with wide open feedback, the Strakal Orsel can be used as a beefy effect oscillator. Using its CV input, the pitch can be varied. There is no accurate pitch tracking according to the standard 1 v / octave, though. If you now deactivate the feedback and dial in the right volume and distortion settings, you can enjoy the Orsel’s noise floor in its purest form. In other words, the module will emit charming tube noise. Operation as a crude VCA is possible as well.
The following tubes are compatible with the Strakal Orsel.
The Strakal Orsel is offered in 2 flavours, one with American military grade low-noise tubes, type 5654 and one with Russian OTK military grade 6j1P.